Sunday, November 8, 2015

The cycle of coding

It looks like I'm coding in cycles of large achievement and then time off. The latest is that I was able to use PHP to load JSON info into my database. It's only afterwards that I was told by the Stack Overflow chat room that I could have done it using AJAX.

The amount of information I have to learn is very daunting. On the flip side my classes feel boring and slow. I wonder how long it would take a school to teach me the things I already know? Three semesters? I have no idea. I'm sure they'd fill in a lot of the holes of simple things I haven't learned yet.

The next step of the project is to connect the database to a user interface. The first steps seem simple enough: a text box for user input and a separate box that gives possible matches the user can select from. The suggestion box will start working on the second letter of the user input after a short period of time (one or two seconds). I'm not sure how many suggestions should appear in the box. I'll probably have to adjust that portion as I go.

I skipped one Javascript class last week and I'm very behind in the E-Commerce class. It doesn't help that I'm bored with the JS class and I absolutely hate the commerce class. I need to get my shit together if I'm going to succeed in either one.

No comments:

Post a Comment