Sunday, October 18, 2015

To analog

I took a break from recreational programming for a week or two and it showed in my last class. I had to do an assignment before class started and I stumbled quite a bit. After an hour or so my brain got it back somewhat.

Why did I take a break? The short answer is programming is hard. Especially for the things I want to do. Even though I haven't been typing up code I have been thinking about my web projects constantly. The stuff I've been thinking about is going to make my site super complicated to build. If I think about it as a whole I also think about giving up on it. I just have to think in small pieces.

Off topic comment: I don't like writing notes down electronically. If I have an idea or if I'm writing down an inspiration, I'd rather use pen and paper. Every time I'm sitting at the computer trying to code and I have a vague idea, I keep looking for the analog way of making scribbles with bad penmanship. Where the hell is that pad of paper?

No comments:

Post a Comment